What Is the Pineal Gland, and How Can It Help You?
The pineal gland is often called the “seat of the soul.” It is known to be the spiritual gateway to the unknown and is an important part of the nervous system. The medical community describes the pineal gland as a small endocrine gland in the brain that produces a serotonin derivative known as melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that affects the wake-sleep cycle, as well as seasonal functions. It is located near the center of the brain between the two hemispheres.
- For many people, the pineal gland is a sort of spiritual antenna connected to what is also known as the “third eye” or the “brow chakra,” which is the sixth chakra.
- The third eye is associated with higher levels of consciousness and spirituality.
- The third eye is known to help someone develop his or her psychic and intuitive abilities.
Calcification of the Pineal Gland
- It is normal for adults to experience calcification of the pineal gland.
- Calcification rates vary according to the part of the world you live in.
- There are some theories that state that this calcification shuts off the pineal gland’s natural receptors, keeping us spirituality turned off.
- Calcification is caused by a build-up of calcium phosphate crystals in various parts of the body.
- Calcification is a natural process caused by tiny microorganisms called nanobacteria.
- Some researchers believe that this process may be the cause of most disease.
- A Western diet causes this process to escalate, causing the pineal gland to essentially be nothing more than a lump of calcium.
The Pineal Gland and DMT
- The pineal gland is also thought to produce something called DMT, which is a naturally produced psychedelic substance.
- The pineal gland must be fully functional in order to produce this.
- The substance is thought to help one tap into a visionary state, helping one astral travel and explore other dimensions.
The Bridge to Divine Consciousness
- Many believe the pineal gland is the bridge to a sort of divine consciousness.
- Shaped like a pinecone, the pineal gland is thought by some to be one of the most important glands in the human body.
- The pineal gland is located in the precise geometric center of the brain. As we age, it reduces in size. No more than the size of a grape, the pineal gland may actually be the key to developing a greater spiritual awareness. The pineal gland has more energy and blood flowing to it than any other gland in the human body.
- The pineal gland is a storehouse of imagination and creation.
In the Mind’s Eye
- Interestingly enough, the pineal gland has the same type of rods and cones as are found in the human eye.
- This is thought to allow us to visualize, imagine and even experience fantasies or see things in “our mind’s eye,” so the phrase goes.
- The pineal gland secretes two very important hormones, melatonin and serotonin.
- Melatonin is the hormone that induces sleep.
- Serotonin helps us maintain a happy, healthy and balanced state of mind.
Many believe that pineal gland activation is responsible for things like astral travel, telepathy, teleportation, anti-aging and the all-knowing, all-seeing consciousness. You can activate the pineal gland through deep meditation or chakra work, just to name a couple ways. Reducing your exposure to fluoride in toothpaste and water may help as well. Some even believe that too much electronic stimulation causes the pineal gland to shut off. The concept of the pineal gland is controversial at best, so it remains to be seen what future research will reveal.