5 Ways to Visualize Yourself to Better Health
Visualization is a very powerful tool, and you can use it to help your body heal. Visualization may also be called “guided imagery” or “creative visualization.” Using your imagination is easier than you might think. Children use their imagination every day, but as adults, we typically lose this ability over time. You use your imagination every time you daydream or get lost in thought.
By learning to take control of your imagination and by expanding it, you will feel much more calm and carefree and you can even visualize your way to better health.
Researchers believe that physical thoughts affect our health. Many ancient civilizations used mind-body techniques to harness the power of the imagination. Guided imagery is actually used in more than 3,000 hospitals nationwide, and it is a growing trend.
Guided imagery can help one feel better, alleviate pain, help one cope with the side effects of medication and even help someone overcome debilitating diseases.
There are many techniques one can use to heal the mind and body. One way is to imagine your body self-healing:
- You can begin with a simple progressive relaxation method, where you tighten and release each muscle of the body starting at the feet and working your way upward.
- Once this relaxed state is achieved, you can picture your pain or disease as dark spots in your body and visualize them being washed away by a peaceful, calming light.
- Imagine a blue or soft green light coming down through your body, swirling and touching the edges of the dark problem areas, removing toxins, waste and even unhealthy cells from your body.
- The breath can be very healing.
- Simply take two-three very deep breaths.
- Imagine the breath moving through your body, gathering up damaged cells.
- As you inhale, imagine your breath is cleaning your body.
- As you exhale, imagine the breath is carrying away toxins and disease.
- You can even imagine your exhaled breath as a dark gray color and your inhaled breath as a beautiful white color.
- Repeat until you feel your breath has cleansed your body.
- Take yourself to a very relaxing place and allow your body to let go and release strain and tension.
- See yourself on a beautiful beach, walking along in the warm, white sand.
- Feel the sea air and the warm sun.
- Imagine the light of the sun is healing your body.
- See the sun’s powerful rays moving through your body, purging your body of any illness or disease.
- Take yourself to that same relaxing place and use your imagination to dial down your pain.
- Imagine you have access to a large volume knob and see yourself dialing down your pain. If your pain is a 10, see yourself lowering your pain to a more manageable number, like a two or a three.
- You can also imagine your pain is being locked away in a steel box.
- See yourself gathering up your pain and locking it away and burying it.
- You could also send your pain up into a hot air balloon and watch it drift away.
- Imagine your cancer is like an army of invaders in your body.
- See yourself sending an army of soldiers into your body like angry Pac men.
- You could visualize these Pac men gobbling away your cancer and restoring you to perfect health.
The mind is a very powerful tool, and you can use it to help your body heal. Simply take a few deep breaths, close your eyes and use your imagination however you like. There is no limit to what you might be able to overcome.
The 5 Best Visualizations for Finding True Love (and How to Get the Results You Want!)
If you want to find (and keep) your soul mate, it’s all about using mind-power tools to help you manifest what you want. When it comes to tools, visualizations are some of the best ways to attract love into your life—for good. Use the following visualizations and tips to build a long-term relationship of passion and unconditional love!
Why Visualizations Work
- Using visualizations is a positive way to train your mind to get rid of negative thoughts and replace them with a joyful and prosperous train of thought.
- The premise of visualizations is that thoughts are as real and powerful as anything else, so when you imagine and feel positive things happening to you (in your work, relationships, health, and goals) in your mind, you can train yourself to believe in those thoughts.
- When you believe in the things you want to have, the Universe attracts them to you!
Visualization #1 – The Sensation of Love
- Close your eyes and breathe in and out ten times. Focus on your breath, and as thoughts come into your mind, accept them and let them go. (You can even tell them “Thanks, but no thanks!”)
- Imagine what love feels like—not what you know it to feel like, but in your ideal mind, what it really feels like. Is it true love, two souls finally coming together? Is it bliss, joy and wonderment? Does it feel like things just align perfectly, and everything is in harmony?
- Focus as long as you can on those feelings love gives you. Hold them in your mind for up to a minute.
Visualization #2 – The Ball of Light
- Close your eyes, and breathe in and out deeply.
- Focus on the image of you standing tall, confident and proud of your many accomplishments.
- Imagine a white light surrounding you. The light glitters, sparkles and moves slowly, encompassing you with joy, safety and bliss.
- Focus on the sensation that love is around you, and flows from within you.
Visualization #3 – The Places You’ll Go!
- Repeat this affirmation as many times a day as possible—“I am open and receptive to meeting the right One for me. Until I meet him/her, I am working on being the best One for him/her I can possibly be.”
- Close your eyes, and focus on the many places you’ll go with your future love. If you want to travel to Paris, imagine what it will feel like to snap pictures together outside the Louvre, or touch the Eiffel Tower.
- The more details you can envision, the harder you’re working to establish a new reality for yourself—of a daring, exciting love life that’s to come!
Visualization #4 – The House You’ll Live In
- Your house becomes a home with the right person—how will it look?
- Be specific about the details—imagine the wood, the cabinets, the color of the walls, even the layout of the living room, bedroom and kitchen.
- Imagine moving from room to room and experiencing total comfort and happiness living there. Hold onto that feeling as long as you can—at least one minute for effectiveness.
Visualization #5 – The Family You’ll Have
- Your family is what you make it—start with a conscious mindset about what you want and you’ll manifest it.
- Close your eyes, and imagine your future family.
- Is your home busy with lots of people, or small and quiet?
- Are there pets, or do only people live in your home? What does the dinner conversation look like?
- Create as many details in your mind about your future family as you can, so that it can become a reality in your life.
These visualizations can be done daily, weekly or monthly. How bad do you want love in your life? The more you do them, the more the Universe will respond to your messages and send you just what you’ve asked for! Until it does, enjoy every moment of imagining what your reality will become—it’s worth every second.